Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Need Hickory or Oak Wood

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member OAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,435
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Need Hickory or Oak Wood

    we are having a pig roast Thursday, May 3 and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get some free Hickory or Oak wood...I will probably stop by Shadetree Landscaping and see if they could donate...anyone got other places in mind?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member DawgFan3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2003
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Need Hickory or Oak Wood

    Powell River Lumber always has scrap wood that we just burn and it goes to waste. You could try contacting them and asking if you could pick some of it...I'm sure they would just give it to you.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Need Hickory or Oak Wood

    I would let you know, but I am BBQing a lot for this weekend myself and don't know exactly how much of my hickory I will use/ be able to spare.

    Apple wood is also good to use, Truly and fruit, or nut bearring tree does pretty well for smoking.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #4
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Need Hickory or Oak Wood

    I have also used Locust on picnic shoulders and actually turned out pretty tasty.
    GO VOLS

  5. #5
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Need Hickory or Oak Wood

    me and some buddies are having a pig roast here in about a month or so..what would be the best wood to use??
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



  6. #6
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Need Hickory or Oak Wood

    I don't know about the best wood to use, but ya better invite me if you plan on roastin' a pig. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •